We are a border town; we are at the beginning of everything. We have always been the industrial capital of Northwest Ontario, and we will strengthen that role. We always were more than a mill town and we will be so much more than a mining town – aided by the lowest cost power and the most affordable industrial land in Ontario. We are the diversified industrial heartbeat of forestry, mining, agriculture, and tourism.
We live in a time of revived spirit of entrepreneurialism. We are hands on….we make things forged from the land, and from determination of spirit. We are Do It Yourself. We are also more…. We are the Great Canadian Experience. When nature calls, we answer – inspired by blue lakes, rocky shores and the outdoors in all four seasons. We are resilient, tough and proud. We are Fort Frances Strong. We are BOUNDLESS
What’s Happening in Fort Frances
The Town of Fort Frances has declared an emergency to the Province of Ontario due to Public Health Concerns.
Download the latest update here: March 19th, 2020
We would like to remind the general public to continue to follow all recommendations provided to them by our public health professionals:
- Check on your neighbours, offer your help and support to run errands. While keeping social distancing practices at the fore front.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Following cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Practice social distancing as much as possible (2-3 meters physical contact), Even when enjoying outdoors.
- Avoid unnecessary group interactions such as parties, social gatherings, large meetings etc.
- Frequently used surfaces should be cleaned & disinfected regularly using appropriate cleaning methods.
Download the latest update here: March 18th, 2020
The Town of Fort Frances is implementing the following actions with a focus on maintaining operational continuity of essential services during this period.
- All Town Facilities are CLOSED to the General Public until further notice. However, we will be reassessing this on a regular basis.
- The Town will continue to maintain all essential services.
Download the latest update here: March 16th, 2020
Experience Boundless Adventures in Fort Frances
Into the Wild
Wrestle with a muskie on one of 70,000 fishable lakes in NW Ontario or go home with tales of the trophy-sized one that got away.
Walk About or Lounge Around
Shop Scott Street downtown, where hand-crafted food, specialty products, and friendly faces find a home.
Fort Frances - Boundless
Welcome to your new home town! Fort Frances is a friendly, welcoming community offering a rich, balanced lifestyle.