Citizen of the Year
Making a Difference in the Community We Call Home!
Annually, the Town of Fort Frances accepts nominations for the Citizen of the Year. This award recognizes the efforts of an individual who contributes to making the Town of Fort Frances a great place to live.
Criteria for the Citizen of the Year Award
1. Nominees must be a citizen of the Town of Fort Frances.
2. Nominations should be based but not limited to excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Nominee has continually volunteered his or her time, and is dedicated to making Fort Frances a great place to live, work, play and learn;
- Nominee has demonstrated a positive impact in the lives of fellow citizens, and either as an individual or through an organization displayed character, commitment and/or positive leadership qualities;
- Nominee has demonstrated dedication to the community and concerns for others. Nominees may serve on service clubs, school groups, Town, church or community committees;
- Nominee has shown a willingness to work with other residents, is enthusiastic about the Town and its citizens, and works continually towards the betterment of the community;
- Nominee has contributed his/her talents in helping others through acts of goodwill, without personal or monetary compensation;
- Nominee displays qualities of honesty and integrity.
How to Nominate an Individual
If you know of a Fort Frances resident who has given unselfishly to help others, or who meets any of the criteria listed above, please click here to print the nomination form.
Nominations forms are also available at the front desk in the Town of Fort Frances Civic Centre, 320 Portage Avenue, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3P9.
Completed Nominations will be accepted at the Civic Centre commencing September 27th, 2017 with a deadline no later than 4:00 p.m. CENTRAL TIME on October 26th, 2017 in a sealed envelope marked Citizen of the Year.
The candidate recommended by the Citizen of the Year Committee and approved by Council will be identified at a regular meeting of Council.
Please direct any questions you may have to:
Kathryn Lawson, Deputy Clerk
Phone at 274-5323, ext. 1212