Road/Watermain/Sewer Reconstruction Projects
2016 Project: Road Reconstruction, Watermain and Sewer Replacement Projects
- Project No. 1 - Colonization Road East (Scott Street to Elizabeth Street East) - Total reconstruction, watermain replacement.
- Project No. 2 – Calder Drive (Colonization Road 460 metres Easterly) - sidewalk replacement.
- Project No. 3 – Front Street at Minnie Avenue Intersection - reconstruction, storm sewer replacement.
- Project No. 4 – Laneway (from Webster Avenue to Lillie Avenue) - watermain installation.
Tender No. 16-OF-07
Closing Date: April 19, 2016.
Award Date: April 25, 2016.
Contractor: Makkinga Contracting and Equipment Rentals
Estimated cost: $3,950,741.03
Completion Date: September 23, 2016.
2015 Project Carryover in 2015 -2016 Road/Watermain/Sewer Reconstruction Projects
- Project No. 1 - King’s Hwy. 11-71 – 770 meters between just west of Wright Avenue to just East of York Avenue – Remove and Replace the following infrastructure; Watermain, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer, construct new improved roadbed structure and new super paver asphalt surface. The existing curb and gutter and sidewalk infrastructure will remain in place. This project is scheduled to be 90% completed in 2015 where the final lift of asphalt will be placed in June of 2016.
- Project No. 2 –Phair Avenue – 399 meters between 3rd to 6th Street – Remove and Replace the following infrastructure; Watermain, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer. Remove the East side sidewalk, Remove & Replace the West side sidewalk between 3rd & 5th Street, Spot repairs to west side sidewalk between 5th to 6th street, landscaping, roadbed and new HL4 asphalt surface – i.e. Total reconstruction. This project will be completed in two stages; In 2015 from 3rd Street intersection to 5th street intersection and in 2016 from 5th Street Intersection to the 6th Street intersection.
- Project No. 3 –Nelson Street – 126 meters between Butler Avenue to Shevlin Wood yard – Remove and Replace the following infrastructure; Watermain, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer catchbasins, Remove & Replace the sidewalk in the Butler Avenue /Nelson street Intersection landscaping, roadbed and new HL4 asphalt surface – i.e. Total reconstruction. Originally this project was scheduled to be completed in 2015. However, upon review of the amount of work contemplated in one construction season and the condition of the existing infrastructure under projects 1 & 3, it was then decided to postpone this project until the 2016 construction season. Should progress on projects No. 1 & 3 proceed in a systematic and timely fashion one could complete some construction work on this project in 2015 if time permits.
Tender No. 15-OF-10
Closing Date: April 23, 2015
Award Date: April 27, 2015
Contractor: Bay City Contracting ltd
Estimated cost: $ 6,100,000
Completion Date: 2015 Work - September 18, 2015
2016 Work – September 2nd, 2016
Sewage Treatment Plant - upgrade of existing De-watering system
Presently in progress
Approximate Completion: fall of 2016