Municipal Wide Fire Ban in Effect as of August 14, 2018.
Please be advised that the Fort Frances Fire & Rescue Service has issued a COMPLETE FIRE BAN for the Town of Fort Frances.
All outside burning is prohibited, including brush and grass burning, backyard fire pits, or cook stoves that use solid fuels (wood or charcoal).
Burning permits have been cancelled also.
BBQs that use propane are permitted with extreme caution.
For more information, contact the Fort Frances Fire & Rescue Service at (807) 274-9841.
Fort Frances Fire & Rescue Overview
The Fort Frances Fire and Rescue Service is committed to the protection of lives, property, and the environment in the Town of Fort Frances through Fire Prevention, Public Education, and Emergency Response, utilizing available resources in an efficient and effective manner.
- Aim for the highest professional standards in service delivery and internal management.
- Develop a comprehensive life and property protection service with continuous review to identify the municipality's changing fire service requirements.
- Promote the coordinated effort of all staff and resources in the fires service to ensure the effectiveness of our fire and public safety mission.
- Maintain a comprehensive training program to adequately educate personnel in the latest knowledge and techniques in performing their duties.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all federal, provincial, district, and municipal departments, utilities and agencies.
- Prepare maintenance programs to ensure the preparedness of all equipment required in the delivery of fire and public safety.
- Maintain a comprehensive fire prevention and public education program to ensure community needs are met.
Fort Frances Fire & Rescue Services
320 Portage Avenue
Fort Frances, ON
Phone: (807) 274-9841
Fax: (807) 274-9595
Tyler Moffitt, Fire Chief/CEMC
(807) 274 9841 ext. 3