2018 Municipal Election
Candidates & Third Party Advertisers were required to complete and file Financial Statements (Form 4) with the Municipal Clerk's Office by 2:00 p.m. local time on Friday March 29, 2019. The Clerk then reviews the submissions and is expected to report on any that exceeded the limits.
Upon review of said documentation submitted, I have not identified any candidates that exceeded the limits as outlined in the Municipal Act, 2001 s. 88.34. To view a copy of the Candidate Compliance report, please CLICK HERE (PDF).
Copies of submitted financial statements can be located by clicking here
The next Municipal Election will be held on October 22, 2018. The next term of Council begins December 1, 2018 and concludes on November 14, 2022. Current council consists of seven members, Mayor and six Councillors.
Nomination period opens May 1, 2018 and closes on Nomination Day at 2:00pm (local time) on July 27, 2018.
Every four years, in accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, the Municipal Clerk / Returning Officer conducts elections for the offices of:
- Trustees for Rainy River District School Board
- Trustees for Northwest Catholic District School Board
- Board Member for Rainy River District Social Services Administration Board
The Town of Fort Frances has decided to utilize Telephone/Internet voting for the 2018 Municipal Election. By-law 16/17, being a by‑law to authorize the use of Telephone and Internet Voting as an Alternative Voting Method for the 2018 Municipal and School Board Elections for the Town of Fort Frances was passed and enacted by Council on April 10, 2017.
The Town of Fort Frances has selected Intelivote Systems Inc. to be the provider of the Telephone/Internet solution for the 2018 Election. To view Intelivote Systems Inc. brochure, click here (PDF).
The Municipal Clerk/Returning Officer of the Corporation of the Town of Fort Frances has established procedures for telephone/internet evoting. Click here to view pdf copy of these procedures.
The first batch of forms have been finalized and can be seen by clicking here. Further forms may be established at the discretion of the Returning Officer and will subsequently be posted here.
More information related to the 2018 Municipal Election will be available closer to the opening of Nomination period. Please check back regularly.
- Notice of Nomination for Office - January 2018 (PDF)
- Notice of Nomination for Office - July 2018 (PDF)
- Nominations received as of July 27, 2018 at 2:00 pm (PDF)
- RRDSSAB Nominations received as of July 9, 2018 (PDF)
- Certified Candidates for 2018 Municipal & School Board Election (PDF)
- Certified Canddate for RRDSSAB Election (PDF)
- Declaration of Acclamation - Northwest Catholic District School Board (PDF)
- Declaration of Acclamation - Rainy River District Social Services Administration Board (PDF)
- Declaration of Acclamation - French Public School Board (Grand Nord) (PDF) **City of Thunder Bay declared this Acclamation.
- Declaration of Acclamation - French Separate School Board (Aurores Boreales) (PDF) **City of Kenora declared this Acclamation.
UNOFFICIAL ELECTION RESULTS
- View the Unofficial Results for Mayor & Council (PDF)
- View the Unofficial Results for School Board (PDF)
OFFICIAL ELECTION RESULTS
- View the Official Results for Mayor & Council (PDF)
- View the Official Results for School Board (PDF)
REGISTERED THIRD PARTIES
The Town Clerk is appointed the Municipal Returning Officer by statute and is responsible for the administration and management of municipal elections. For that reason, the Clerk's department is responsible for accepting nominations of candidates running for office, preparing voters' lists, preparing ballots, selecting voter help centres, determining voting period and certification and distribution of election results.
Please contact the Town Clerk for more information:
Elizabeth (Lisa) Slomke, AOMC
Municipal Clerk / Returning Officer
Phone: 1-807-274-5323 ext. 1215
Town of Fort Frances - Civic Centre
320 Portage Avenue
Fort Frances, ON P9A 3P9
2014 Municipal Election
Official Election Results:
- Mayor/Council (PDF)
- School Board (PDF)
- Rainy River District Social Services Administration Board (PDF)
- Nominations Received (PDF)
(Updated September 12, 2014 at 2:00 pm.)
CIVIX will be running Student Vote in conjunction with the October municipal and school board elections this fall. Student Vote is a parallel election program that provides students under the voting age with the opportunity to experience the voting process and practice the habits of active and engaged citizenship. Click here for additional resources. Click here to view the Student Vote Brochure (PDF).